Friday 25 June 2010

Welcome!

Welcome Everyone to 'Blogs From The Other Side'!

Now I am not expecting everyone to understand my analogies nor read all I write. I just got an idea sparked by my mum (to write a blog) which in turn was sparked by my inner voice with the name ('Blogs From The Other Side') sparked by me sat on this train writing what you read now.
I suppose this is My Voice, my platform to Speak Out, Speak Up for all the things we each have/will/are experiencing in the hope of shining some light upon all the cobwebs and hidden places. Maybe I may learn some surprising truths about myself while writing this. Who knows!
All I know for certain is I am just like you. I've felt fear, pain, insecure, I've been to places I never thought I'd come back from. But here I am. I'm still here. I got through (and am still getting through) all the crap. So can you.

We all come into this world as pristine Diamonds. The highest cut. The cleanest cut. We are pure, exquisite jewels. But over time, the Diamond gets chipped (so-so says I'm fat and ugly etc)and soon your Diamond is unrecognisable from all the chips and dents, it loses its sparkle and cleanness. Instead of exquisite it's like some tacky piece of costume jewellery. It can be whatever it needs to 'fit in' losing its true nature of love and light.

I lost my Diamond so long ago. For many years I've been whatever anyone wanted me to be : The people Pleaser, The Yes Sir No Sir, The Unloved, The Joker, you name it I have been it. And each time that Diamond shone I covered it over with a negative thought. Coz I believed what was inside the Diamond was so bad that no one could ever see it. They'd recoil in horror, none of you would want to know me anymore. Crazy right? It's just Me in there - shiny, authentic, passionate, loving, funny Me.(and I know my dear friends you are the ones that actually show me my Diamond on many many occasions and I thank each and every one of you with a zillion hugs and kisses wrapped up in a shower of love), but I got so many chips and dents my Diamond got smaller and smaller. It can happen. The lights go out and you're just some empty home. It's taken me so long but I don't feel as empty now. There's just this one piece, this one room, like a hole in me. Becky Walsh, this incredible teacher I had at The College of Psychic Studies told me that this hole we all think we have, this hole we fill with food, alcohol, drugs any addiction or negative habit isn't a hole at all but a mirror. This mirror is facing dull side up and so it appears hole-like but if we flip it to the shiny side 'oop there you go, it's you your beautiful light! My mirror must be on some kinda bungee it pings and pongs back and forth so much! - Dull side, light side, dull, light, dull, light......on and on and on. its like some bloody fairground rollercoaster ride!

To help me keep it shiny side up I constantly remind myself I am loved. A really powerful affirmation my very good friend Jesse gave me :

'I deeply and completely Love, Accept and Approve of Myself'

it works, it really truly does. My other fave affirmations are 'My creativity helps heal myself and others' and 'it's safe for me to give and receive love'. Each of them work so well for me.

Now my writing won't always be eloquent. I may ramble and go off somewhere where you may find it hard to follow, It's ok. That's just me. I ramble. I go off on a million different journeys from one thought. Don't worry about it. I don't. I'm also passionate about my acting I love everything about the industry from props to costume, set to Directors the whole thing gets all my cells dancing and sparking like fireworks! I am spiritual I'm psychic and a healer I talk to the angels and my guides, I believe in unicorns and faeries, I love nature give me the sea or a lovely Forrest : ) I am sarcastic and have a very eclectic sense of humour (I don't care what you say Farts are funny!) I love animals and yes I do prefer them to people : ) I am many things as are each of you.

If you feel like it stick with me through these ramblings. Who knows you may learn something not only about me but about yourself. Feel free to link this to people you may know who you feel it could inspire.

I admit to you all it scares the crap outta me to post this as the part of me that got chipped and dented feels uncomfortable talking about myself and doesn't like all eyes on me. Hate that question 'so tell me about you' it always makes me stumped as I am like 'ooh who am I?' Truth is I don't know for sure but am figuring it all out : )

Till next time my friends,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

diamonds never lose their value ;0) xx - Adrian (Mellow9)

Ellen Jacover said...

I love your courage and I love how you write.
Thanks for sharing :-)